Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Physical Therapy for lost muscles...owch!

I was referred to physical therapy to help restore muscles (like I had a bunch in the first place) and have been to three sessions.  After the first one I was really, really sore,  but things are looking better after another two.  My neck and back have been weak and sore for several weeks and the stretching three times a day seems to be helping.

Deanna has been so good at offering to massage my back and neck every night and she's learned to find the knots and work them loose.  I have also received a couple of good chair massages from Lynn T. who has been working diligently in classes to earn a massage therapist certification.

My sense of taste is improving slowly as weeks pass.  My mouth and throat are still very dry so I'm taking some medication that might help with that.

I was able to lead (sing) three songs at our Country Gospel  worship service.  It was not easy and after two services I had to go home and "crash."  This was a a huge step for me considering that 4 months ago I didn't know if I would be able to sing again at all.  God is good and I know there have  been hundreds of good folks praying for me.

Next week I receive a PET scan and the results should show weather the cancer is gone...or ???  Keep praying please.

Onward and forward with God's grace and the prayers of many loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment