Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Beautiful Rain, Voiceless in SoCal

I looked at the schedule for treatment this morning and see that I have 9 more rads. and one more chemo before the cycle is through- less than 2 weeks to go.  My voice is pretty much gone with occasional surprising periods of being able to make an utterance come through, albeit not with much volume or clarity.  Deanna has had to work on some response habits in order to help me from becoming frustrated with her.  I get a bit cranky with her when I try vocalizing something and she gives me the "what are you trying to say" look.  But, all in all, we are making it work fairly well.

Continuing with stomach tube feedings or gatorade (almost hourly), salt water and green tea with lemongrass gargles (at least hourly) and aquafor or cortizone cream applications to my neck regularly.  My neck has become reddish brown and itches/burns off and on. Tylenol is still sufficient for the throat pain, but I'm getting tempted to hit the hydrocodone (vicodin) on occasion.

As I've mentioned in the past, Deanna has been a rock for me though this stuff and I'm so, so grateful for that.  She is forgiving of my sometimes childish impatience and offers head and back rubs nightly...the best medicine by far.

On ward and forward trusting God, prayers, and the healing powers He has provided.

Dave

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you and Deanna my friend. Lisa & I was at the Country Gospel on Saturday night. We missed you.

    Started our Hole in Our Gospel Growth Group last night... thanks for the book. It's been a challenge and timely for my journey.

    Hope to see you soon. If you are every up to it let me know... I would love to visit with you. Blessing, Carlos

    ReplyDelete
  2. Continuing to pray for you, Deanna and the doctors Dave. Keep the smile on the upward swing! :) Tracy W.

    ReplyDelete